March 1, 2010

Yeah, so you know that bedroom redo I've been doing since, oh, October?

I actually made some progress on it over the last few days. Imagine that!

First of all, I finally finished the ottoman recover that I started back in October. It involved a lot of unwieldy fabric-pushing and a resulting number of self-inflicted stab wounds from pins, but hey, it's done. Admittedly, not my best sewing job ever. But that's why it gets a corner spot, next to my bookshelf....because then no one can see the bad spots.

I've also made some progress on my quilt binding, though I didn't take a picture of that. I'm maybe a foot or less from finishing the third side, since I spent a good bit of time working on that last night after finishing the ottoman up.

And then today, I worked on cutting out my curtains. (If slicing fabric into 2-yard increments counts as "cutting out".) I did get the fabric and lining pieces all cut out...I wasn't going to add a lining, but after holding it up to the window this morning, I decided it probably would help. I'm hoping these won't take long, because one of the windows faces east, and I'd really prefer to not be woken up any earlier than I have to by the light that leaks in at the bottom of the shades! I do still have to cut out the tabs and tiebacks for this, but I need to do the math first. (Yuck.)

And because I can....gratuitous kitty cuteness! I stuck the fabric on my bed after checking it against the window, and she decided it would make a good tent. Fortunately, she got tired of it before I was ready to cut it out, because she's really not as sweet and innocent as she probably looks here!

1 comment:

  1. So what if you started in Oct! beautiful rooms take time... like beautiful wardrobes. Looks like its all coming together for you.
    Thanks for your comments on my blog.. I did get alot from the personal style project... btw, thanks for posting about yours... thats what got me started!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!