As of yesterday, I think I have the bodice done, other than installing the zipper. I'm not entirely certain...I'm having a bit of paranoia that with all of the layering from the 2 layers of outer fabric, the underlining and the lining, it's not going to fit once I put the zipper in. So I think my next step is going to be to baste that in before I sew the skirt on, just to double-check the fit. Hopefully it'll be fine, but I'd rather know if I have to let it out now while it's relatively easier to fix.
Anyway, here's where it stands:
The Chicks With Sticks Guide To Knitting. So I think I've got the purl thing down decently, as well as switching from knit to purl--a lot easier now that I know that you have to flip the yarn over the needle a different way to switch it! (I was trying to figure it out on my own one night and kept ending up with two stitches instead of one.)
I'm playing around with learning how to do a basic increase now, because the next thing I want to tackle is these handwarmers. But not with their yarn, because, you know, wool and I don't get along. So I'm going to be using this Serenity Chunky Weight yarn in Forest. Hopefully it'll turn out ok-- I actually have to figure out gauge for this one. And how to knit in the round on double-pointed needles. Oh yeah, this will be interesting.