September 29, 2011

Ok, so I'll go ahead and do that knitting update now.

I probably won't have time over the weekend anyway....I'm entering the part where my next 3 weekends are booked completely solid!

Anyway, here's what's been on the sticks lately.

#1: I started a scarf for my friend Shantelle to go with the handwarmers I made her (which she loved), for the dual purpose of using up the yarn and to give me something brainless to keep my hands busy while we have our Project Runway marathons. Just a basic k4, p4 ribbing, so I really don't have to think about it.
#2: The knitalong sweater! So far, she's just had us do the neckline ribbing, so this has been waiting for the next step to go up. So far, the hardest part has been just casting it on, which I had to do about 4 or 5 times for various reasons (cast on too tightly, ran out of yarn on the tail, etc.) I'll be glad to get to the increase section, since so far this is reeeeeeally stretched out on the circular needle and I've been afraid it'll stay that way from letting it sit!
#3, my "Counterpoint Hat". This is what I've been working on the most--the ribbing is done, and I'm about 5 rows away from starting the decreases. I'm hoping to get this one done by about the middle of October, since it seems like fall weather may actually be arriving soon and I think this will go really well with this vintage 70s leather jacket I have that my mom passed down to me. Plus I'm taking a little solo road trip to visit my best friend from high school for a weekend around then, I'm hoping to come home via Shenandoah National Park, and I think it would be fun to have a cute fallish hat to wear in any of those at-arm's-length self portraits I might be inspired to take on Skyline Drive.
And here's a closeup of the squiggly little mini-cables. I think I'm going to have to figure out a way to block this when it's done, since I seem to keep ending up with a bit of a pull right after the cable, despite my tendency towards super-tight knitting tension. But hopefully that'll even things out. If I can figure out how to block something knitted in the round....

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your neckline for Cadence! Hoping to post the next bit soon, but it requires a bit of chart-concentration so enjoy your break! Lovely other projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're worried about the stretch, pull out a loop from the circular needle while it's resting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!