September 22, 2010

"Layla" in Red

And since I mentioned in my last post (of about 30 seconds ago) that I was sewing on Sunday, figured I should show what I made! This is revisiting the Layla apron from BurdaStyle, as a gift for a cousin's fiancee. Her bridal shower is on Saturday, and my sister-in-law and I are teaming up for her gift. (I figured she's not even my Facebook friend yet, so there's no chance she'll find this and I can talk about it.) So we got her a bunch of the smaller kitchen doodads that she asked for on her registry, and I made the apron to add a more personal touch to it-- the main color of her kitchen stuff is red. And this French-inspired print was kind of screaming at me for her, after spending a little time with her down at the family beach time back in August.

Oddly, I could NOT make heads or tails of the actual directions on the apron, despite having made it before. So I basically just used the pattern to cut it out and then did it my own way. And it seems to have worked out well. I may have done it that "winging it" way last time too....can't remember.

I do have to say, though, that I couldn't be happier with my print-matching job for the pocket.

See? It's practically invisible! So pardon me while I pat myself on the back.

So, anyway, there it is, and I hope she likes it. And now I'd best get going....gotta get through work so I can get to some reconstructing!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work on the print matching! That's the part I'm dreading about my plaid skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It seems I've been doing a lot of print-matching myself lately...I hope it goes well for you. Just take your time when cutting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!