September 22, 2010

Self-Stitched September, Days 19-21

Because I haven't taken today's pictures yet. Most of these are for Sunday, though.

Day 19:

The Details:
Top-- Self-stitched, Simplicity 5595 (another one that pre-dates the blog)
Skirt--Self-stitched, a repeat of the "Baby's In Black" skirt.
Camisole-purchased
Shoes- Payless
Necklace- a green amber one that my parents gave me for Christmas one year-- I saw it in a catalog and fell in love with it, so my mom tracked it down. It's so Elven-looking. I love it.

The Context: 
This is what I wore for church today.

It was also cool enough this morning to wear my self-stitched lightweight jacket--from a modified Vogue 1266 (shortened quite a bit). This is another pre-blog one. The outside is denim...

...so the inside needed to be more fun.

(I'm thinking I may need to do some retrospective posts when this is all done, to showcase some of these older projects!)

Sunday was also "Talk Like A Pirate" day, and I love silly made-up holidays like that, so I decided to celebrate with my outfit a bit while I was bumming around at home and sewing.. Since it was still warmer, I just left the skirt on (it's comfortable) and switched to this self-made pirate t-shirt that I did a couple of years ago (around when Pirates of the Caribbean was out and I was very much in a piratey mood.) Just a basic t-shirt that I rehemmed to a nicer length, and I also did the pirate stencil on it.

Day 20:

Now this was another slacker day-- between work at the garden center, needing to do some cleaning before C. came over for some crafting and Farscape/season premiere of Chuck viewing, and actually taking some time to exercise (and then needing to shower afterward), I didn't actually get dressed for real until 5 PM! So I kept it simple with this thrifted black shirt that I self-stitched the daisies around the neckline on. (This was just a quickly snapped picture from around 11 PM, which was the only time I had to take it, so please ignore the fact that I looks like I'm ready to eat your brains. Braaaaaaaains....)



Day 21: Ahhhh, that's better. No more zombie face.

The Details: 
Top: Self-stitched, the Kaylee tunic
Pants: Self-stitched, a repeat of the band teacher pantsuit pants
Earrings: Self-made
Shoes: purchased

The Context: 
Another of my more intense teaching days, since this is the drive-around one. And shiny shirts are always fun.

2 comments:

  1. Love the kimono sleeved top. Do you have black pants? If you do they'd made a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have black pants! And I think that is a combo I've used with that shirt before...I've had it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!