August 15, 2008

Friday Favorites, Episode 21

I know the last few weeks's posts have been rather short, so this week is making up for it with a vengeance! For simplification, I'm going to divide these into categories.



Finished projects I enjoyed:

First up is Oonaballoona, who cranked out a bunch of gorgeous clothes that she made with some really great fabric that she got for really cheap. I'm jealous of that. Plus she has a really good story to go along with it. Aimee at Wardrobe Refashion inspired me with a great jeans-to-skirt makeover that is a bit different than the norm. Creative Kismet posted this cute t-shirt that she made for her son-- I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for somewhat off-beat and corny t-shirt slogans (like from one of my favorite t-shirt sites.)



Recycled craft goodies:

Round #2 of the Carnival of Green Crafts went up this week. Particularly fun was a bottlecap-decorated photo frame that came with a haiku! Crafting a Green World featured an idea for a skirt made from bandanas and some jewelry made from old flip flops.



Tutorials that rocked:

ThreadBanger had an entire post of links to skirt tutorials, because one can never have too many skirts. My personal faves are the 2-layered gold and pink wrap skirt, the "petticoat for the ages", and the Better Homes and Gardens (I know, I know, but the print mix is fun!) skirt. At CraftSanity, there was a tutorial for how to make felt fortune cookies. So cute. I also stumbled across a blog called Sewing Tutorials, which is exactly what it says-- a gathered collection of tutorials on how to do all sorts of clothing-related things, like alter patterns for fitting adjustments, add side pockets to pants and skirts, etc. Finally, since I had some time to look for some new blogs this week, I found this amazing tea wallet over at Krustallos. It folds up into this little pouch, but fits six tea bags. I can already think of at least two friends that it would be a perfect gift for! Definitely want to make one for myself, for when I'm traveling and need to bring tea with me.

All right, that's all for today. Happy weekend, everyone! I know I'm thrilled that it's finally Friday...

2 comments:

  1. hey look, that's me :)! that sewing tutorials blog is cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my tea wallet tutorial. Let me know how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!