April 27, 2011
Operation Salvage = success?
Another exciting development around here is that I've finished the wrap, mostly. The knitting is done, and I wove in the ends yesterday.
This is what it's looking like right now--there's a row or two where I'm not sure what the heck happened because there's some odd line of holes (on the backrest of the chair).
I still need to block this. Once I figure out exactly how to do it. The pattern recommended basically soaking it and then rolling it up in towels or something.
I liked working with this yarn overall--it's Lion Brand Nature's Choice organic cotton. It's super-soft, and I hope it stays that way after blocking. It did have a tendency to shed a bit (especially when I knit part of this while on an exercise bike--then it was like my orange tabby cat on black), but I didn't have any trouble with knitting it on bamboo needles, even with my tendency to knit tightly. I have a little bit over one ball left, out of the six that I bought for this--the yarn was labeled as worsted weight but I think it's thicker, so I didn't need as much as anticipated. So I think I'm going to use the rest to make a pair of handwarmers sometime. I've been joking for years that I need a pair of skin-toned fingerless gloves to wear at church when I'm playing flute on worship team, because it tends to be so cold in there. And I don't think I'd find anything much closer to my skin tone!
In the meantime, I've started both a dishcloth and a second pair of the Constellation gloves, this time for a friend. And also tearing up something for my next refashion. Not much progress yet on any of those three things, but I'm chipping away at them..