Technically, it IS still Friday, so...
Since it's getting late, just going to run these off quickly. On myLifetime.com (found via another site, but I can't remember if it was One Pretty Thing or Whip Up), I liked this laminated paper chandelier. They used an old book, which I thought was fun. Creativity Prompt had a video tutorial for a fabric covered hardbound book. Sigrid shared some hints and tips for using Burda World of Fashion patterns and what they don't tell you to do-- quite good timing, since I just cut out my very first BWOF pattern today! ThreadBanger shared some ideas for a dress pattern similar to the famous black dress that Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Craft Tutorials shared some tips for finishing craft projects in general, some of which I knew, but others I wouldn't have thought of (like using a hairdryer to get rid of those pesky hot glue strands!) Antoinette made a great Flickr slideshow tutorial on turning a men's shirt into a shirtdress (and I love her men's shirt refashions, so I was happy to see this!) And at ScrapHappy, she did part 2 of her "Scrapbooking on the Road" miniseries.
3 Wardrobe Refashion picks this week: Ellsea's Susan Pevensie costume (from Prince Caspian) that she made for her daughter completely out of thrift-store stuff, some appliqued jeans from the same person, and Meghan's tunicy-dress thing.
Hopefully I'll get some time to post again tomorrow... the time just got away from me today. The good news is, I was very productive. Finished my new spring/summer purse, got the aforementioned BWOF cut out (that drawstring blouse I was raving about in one of the more recent posts--ended up just using a piece of stash fabric because the men's shirt didn't have enough fabric), and starting a reconstruction (not the men's shirt) that was inspired by a song and this book. More details on that to come. Plus I have an award (thanks to Sharon) that I need to post about. But now I need to get off the computer and get some sleep!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.
Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!