January 3, 2011

Oooh, look at the pretties!

I am sewing. In fact, I spent most of today and most of Friday sewing. But Friday was a long, tedious pile of thread-tracing on every single muslin pattern piece that I have for the Little Black Dress class, and today was a far less tedious run of stitching said muslin together. So I do have a complete dress muslin....
As you can see, it needs a lot of tweaking, since many parts of it are just hanging off of me. On the plus side, I think the neckline is actually the perfect depth, which is pretty amazing because I thought for sure I'd have to make it higher. But it doesn't look too low-cut at all.

However, this is not exciting sewing to be examining right now, so I'm going to show off my latest additions to my fabric stash instead!

This is what I got for Christmas. Everything, except for the leafy print in the lower left-hand corner, is a knit. (I think the leaf print, which is kind of a suedeclothy-microfiber sort of thing, is actually going to be the hardest one to figure out what to do with it--I'm thinking maybe a skirt. Though I'm not totally sold on it. Hopefully something good, because I like that print a lot!) Oh, serger, how I miss you.... I wish the shop would call me and tell me how long it is until I can have you back and functional...

I also got some free fabric recently--the sister of someone from church recently moved to the area and passed a lot of fabric on to her, so she gave it to my mom, and my mom let me raid it for things that would not work in quilts. The best score, hands-down, was this black and white embroidered cotton. (There's also a dark brown pinstripey thing (with a subtle hint of glitter in the stripe) and some embroidered dyed-looking linen-looking stuff. And there were several other pieces as well, but since those were pretty much solids, these were the highlights.

All the more reason for me to tackle reorganizing and cataloging my stash! But not tonight...tonight, I go to attempt to burn off some cookies on the rock wall. And hopefully get home in time for my little black dress class chat. In fact, I should leave for that, um, now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!