August 12, 2012

What's in her pocketses?

Nothing, at the moment. But while the rest of the jeans remain to be sewed, I have pockets!

I thought maybe I'd done something wrong with making the pattern for them, because the one side is obviously way more slanted than the other.


But when I put it on top of my jeans, except for being a little longer, the angles were just right. So I guess that was a design feature.


So this, and the pocket on the other side, is all of my progress on the jeans so far. At least if they don't work out, I can make a pretty darn good-looking pocket, if I may say so myself!


4 comments:

  1. I'm still so impressed that you're making your own jeans! Pockets are hard too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!! nice, and when fitted over a body, the angles make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 PM

    Woot! Yeah, I've noticed that deliberate asymmetry on some of my jeans, too. Maybe it fools the eye into thinking your butt looks smaller? Like if Michelangelo designed your jeans? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lady! i still have green fabric for you from my giveaway, email your address so i can pop it in the mail :) quietandsmall[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!