January 7, 2015

administrative details



Just two quick things today:

1. Since the sidebar widget I had for my finished projects hasn't let me add anything to the list since May (really, Blogger?!), I finally got fed up and reworked the page for what's in my closet to take care of that. It's just a big link list now, since trying to figure out how to add that many pictures would take forever, given that this is on the older side for sewing blogs. But I did at least organize it between what's in my closet/what isn't in my closet anymore/stuff I made for other people/etc.

Incidentally, I'm kind of surprised at how old certain items in my closet are now. Like that black military jacket I made back in 2006--whaaaat? I guess that explains why the lining is tearing. I'm also wondering how many of those current closet residents will get to stay around post-baby, but I guess it's too early to worry about that.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi7LQmVUA544TsWRjzEpbtC5Je9TTcAAMYp8rnYVHAKE0bwjfFp7tWCLBilYoWWv5N9ADfSQbqrlRB1Pr0QmRsitfghyphenhyphenFZ048t8Hb3TNY4SdI27_h5VYxwUKvC3FgvRlpb2F0qw5w/s1600/Stashbusting+Sewalong+Challenge+Button+2015.png.png

2. Since I ended up with significantly more yardage than I started last year with, and the Facebook group is really fun, I'm doing the Stashbusting Sewalong again. With all new themes and a bunch of new hosts! I didn't volunteer to host a month because, you know, baby stuff, but best of luck to all you ladies who are participating! So here's my pledge for this year, which I kept really simple:

I, Becky, will endeavor to end 2015 with less yarn and fabric than I started this year with, and to only buy notions as needed for specific projects.  I shall also try to limit the number of new patterns I buy for myself this year. 

To avoid stressing myself out, I purposely am not doing a number of yards/pieces of fabric type pledge this year, since I have no idea what sort of wrenches being pregnant and having a newborn will continue to throw into my sewing. And I did also specify limiting patterns for myself, because I'm sure I'm going to want to start collecting a few kids' patterns. I do have a few from things I've made for friends before, and whatever's in my Burda magazines, but not a whole lot to pick from in my pre-existing stash. If Hobbit cooperates, we should see if we're having a boy or a girl in less than two weeks, which I'm getting quite excited to find out!

And with that, I guess I'd better finish practicing my flute so I have a shot at actually cutting something out today. Yeah.

4 comments:

  1. Becky, I'm all in!!! I'm making a personal vow not to purchase patterns outside of client's must haves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I won't get any new patterns, because my husband got me a subscription to Colette's Seamwork magazine for Christmas and that will get me a couple new PDFs a month for awhile. Right now, I'm thinking I might just wait until the summer, see what gets released in the first half of the year, and then treat myself to a few after the baby comes. (Sewaholic is already tempting me, because I actually don't have a basic fitted button-down pattern in my stash! And I'll probably want some button-downs this fall for nursing.)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I want to stash bust so this may be a good option!

    Annie
    http://enantiomerproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a pretty loose sewalong--the themes are optional, and it's really just people encouraging each other to use what they have.

      Delete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!