the body basted together, and was pleased to find that it looks like it's going to fit me very well with no adjustments. Where I'm running into a little trouble right now is the sleeves-- I don't know if it's the lack of illustrations in the directions, or that I was trying to do it without the instructions at T's, or what, but I am having a heck of a time getting this in!
This was my first attempt over the weekend. No, this sleeve is not supposed to be gathered.
Last night's attempt went a lot better, in that I know the armhole fits the sleeve well and the sleeve, which I lengthened, should be long enough to accomodate my chimp arms. However, upon trying this on, I learned that it's in backwards! Good thing I'm hand-basting this, or this corduroy would be a mess at the top of the sleeve!
Unless I'm hanging out with one of my friends tonight, which is still up in the air, I should have some time to work on this. At this point, though this isn't the fabric I was planning on using for my BurdaStyle sewalong jacket, I'm thinking I might just continue on this one. After all, it's already cut out, except for the lining, and I do still need to test the lining with the shell. And that'll keep the edges of the cord from getting too badly frayed before I get to it again. Besides, this jacket just happens to be a perfect layering piece with the blouse I just started last week, color and everything!
This was the other project I worked on over the weekend, once I started having trouble with the sleeves and decided to set it aside. This is going to be the trim on a knit shirt (basted to stabilizer since the pieces were cut.) Had a bit of a setback at first-- I had metallic embroidery floss, and it became apparent within half an hour that it was going to be way too hard to work with. So with a little help from my friends, the next day I got some regular embroidery floss at the local Michael's. The colors aren't entirely accurate in this photo, but I like the way it's turning out so far-- visible, but subtle, which means it'll go with lots of clothes!
Ok, I need to finish getting ready-- open house for my upcoming band teaching job today!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.
Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!