December 16, 2010

Ahh....success.

I'm not completely done with the jeans muslin yet. But thanks to a brilliant suggestion by the wonderful teacher, Jen, the issue of weird wrinkles in the front around the crotch area seems to have been solved! So I just have to make a few more tweaks, and then I just might have an actual usable jeans pattern!

Aside from that, did some "real" sewing today. I cut out the first part of what will hopefully become a shirt inspired by the Anthropologie sweater I put in the last post, as well as a pair of new pajama pants from some wonderfully soft flannel. I did get those partially sewn together today--a nice quick project, since I'm not going to worry about seam finishing or anything on this one.

I also did a small wardrobe refashion. Some of you may remember these pj's from a few years ago. Which I still love. But in the 2-3 winters I've worn them, I've learned that while those sleeves look awesome, they're really not very practical for clothes to sleep in. Especially this time of year-- all sorts of cold air gets in the sleeves, they get caught on things all the time, and if I want to throw my robe on over them, the sleeves don't exactly fit. I also discovered while unpacking them that one of the sleeves had ripped pretty badly near the armpit, I guess from the weight of that fabric while going through the laundry. So while I was repairing that, I chopped something like 10-12" off of the sleeve.
So this is what they look like now. Or at least as much as I can show with one arm shoved in a sleeve and the other holding the camera! (Also, please excuse the wrinkles--it was stored under my bed for the last six months or so.) I think it keeps the spirit of the kimono sleeve, but hopefully it'll be much more wearable now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!